Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Be there! Challenge the Vision! :)


November 2010, another special month in my life as I had again the incredible opportunity of going to my favourite continent :D Latin America :D

Bolivia and Venezuela, two countries I have visited before but now I have seen with other eyes and Peru one of the countries I realized I like the most: the best food I have ever eaten in my life (really!!!), the special people and Lima (a combination of Latin and European city). I realized once more I need to live in Latin America at some point in my life, if not I think I will never forgive myself :P

But now I wanted to talk more about one of the things I realize while in country visits. Participating to Alumni and LC Meetings, constantly chatting with LCPs and members I realize how powerful is the experience I passed through and how inspiring it can be. I felt being there, that the passion is somewhere hidden in ourselves but not out there ... I felt people don't know what they are actually working for or they don't have a strong challenging vision to strive for. But when I was talking about my experience I started to see their eyes glittering, big smiles on their faces and in the same time a lot of questions. This is why I realize how important it is to constantly go to the basis and ask ourselves "Why we are here?" and always set a challenging goal that can push us to work harder and challenge ourselves. I realize while talking to them how important it was for me to constantly push myself and look how I can become better.

I found this beautiful old email that I wanted to share, regarding the same thoughts :)

Michelangelo once wrote: "If the people knew how hard I had to work
to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all." Great leaders
recognize the depth and significance of these words. They know the
hard work they have put into what they have accomplished - the long
days and extra hours to get the job done, the meetings to set
direction, create alignment and build relationships, the missed
opportunities with family and friends to put out a fire, the quiet
moments when work is 'finished,' yet their mind continues ponder and
sort through things needed to done.

Great leaders know that success doesn't just happen, that achieving
their fullest being requires a lot of doing. It is the beauty of full
engagement in life - in all that they do - a richness so elegantly
captured in the words of former US President Theodore Roosevelt in a
speech given in Paris at the Sorbonne in 1910:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done
better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,
whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives
valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the
great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy
cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails
at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be
with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

May your week be filled with great achievements borne of valiant
striving, brilliant enthusiasm and incredible hope. Choose wisely and
choose well… and have fun doing it.

Have a beautiful day and a fantastic week!!!

Mike"

0 comentarii:

 
Copyright © Măli
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by WpThemesCreator